Saturday, October 24, 2015

Back to Borders Again

Another rainbow quilt has made it to flimsy stage!  And so begins the debate about borders....again.  Rainbow rows of nine patches got simple frames alternating in light and dark grey with snowball corners.  I could extend the diamonds into the border, or just frame it out in red and black.  I don't know how much grey is left.  That might be the deciding factor.  The nine patches were leftover from Mai Tai Sunrise.
You can see them as the alternate framed blocks between the stars.  I still have some 2 inch squares already sorted into rainbow colors, and some more extra nine patches.  I wonder what the next quilt will be?

13 comments:

Sew Surprising said...

I am not a fan of borders so Id say no border ;) love your quilt its gorgeous :)

Katie Z. said...

I tend to skip borders too! Your flimsy is beautiful.

Deb A said...

No border on that one - just a red or black binding.

Karen said...

Your rainbow quilts are georgous. Thanks for inspiration not only to use my scraps but to make rainbow blocks.

Quilting Tangent said...

No boarder, just bind with black or black/red scrappy.

Julierose said...

Just gorgeous quilts--Now, i like borders; things contained and all...but either way these two will shine...hugs, Julierose

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful rainbow quilt, finish it quickly (no borders?) and enter it in the Blogger's Quilt Festival!

PeggyinNO said...

I like this just as is, no border. Very colorful. Great finish. Congrats!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I vote no border as well - LOVELY quilt top!!

Delighted Hands said...

I usually vote for borders on my own quilts; I like the way they border my piecing. You leave it out to look and then decide for you.

Dorothy said...

boarder--someone who rents a room in your house for for room & board
"as in" rents a room to sleep in and rents a place at the table for home cooked meals :-)
border--the 2nd final step to contain the center of the quilt "as in" the border between contries, states, etc
Watch the spelling ladies
In the mean time--I vote for no borders, only a binding-black or red, or a combination of the 2

Vicki W said...

I really like this quilt and I think it stands on it's own without borders so I think I'd let the size determine whether you need borders or not.

Kate said...

Wow! Beautiful rainbow quilt. You could do either option and it would look great.