Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sand and Sea Crumb Blocks Done

The blue crumb blocks were all finished during May for RSC13.  Today I sashed half of them out in tan and the other half in blue -- going for a beach and sand feel.  I even have a border fabric -- usually a big hurdle for me!  There are a couple of quilt requests in the works and I seriously need to get working on them.  Next on the list is Mom's second chemo quilt.   I have a stack of pink 16 patches ready to go and need to decide for sure on the alternate block.  Four Square is one thought like the one here, or maybe an Arkansas Crossroads block like the one here.  Have I mentioned yet how much I like summer vacation?  I could do this year round.
Today was actually an out and about day.  Orthodontist, math camp drop off, free movie, trip to Joann's and then back to pick up at math camp.  After that though, I got have a little quilt time.  Kurt was home early from work and made soup for dinner.  It is a bit damp and drizzly here, some sort of tropical organization so as odd as it sounds, soup hit the spot.  

9 comments:

sophie said...

The addition of tan/sand really makes the quilt and definitely suggests sand and sea ... which leads to all kinds of interesting quilting design possibilities. Can't wait to see how you finish it.

Kathryn D. Duke said...

Nice job...I really like it!!

Sheila said...

I agree with Sophie. Sea and sand. This is going to be a beautiful quilt.
Sounds like you are having a nice summer. Good for you.
Cloudy here. Rain moving in later this week. Had soup tonight, too.

Ellen said...

I really like your design for Sand and Sea. Alternating the sashing looks great...may have to borrow that idea some time.

I like both quilts that you are considering for your Mom but the Arkansas Crossroads look like kisses to me and I think it would look really sweet in pink.

Amanda said...

That's the great thing about retirement, it's like summer holidays all year round, apart from the weather of course! We're enjoying a burst of summer here in the UK at the moment, so there's not a lot of sewing going on, but lots of sitting and reading in the sunshine. Bliss.

Julierose said...

Oh, your sea and sand idea looks terrific--a lovely quilt...Julierose

Amy said...

My first morning of summer vacation; coffee in hand, and catching up on your last few posts.
SOON, I hope to be matching your "I could handle summer vacation all year round" motto :)

I absoLUTEly love the "Sand and Sea" theme! GREAT color combination!

Deb A said...

Great title and quilt! Either alternate block will be great with your blocks for your Mom.
I almost made chili and cornbread for dinner last night because of the weather...... a full week of rain. Yuck.

Dasha said...

Love your blue & sand sashing. Looking good!
Have you considered the "disappearing 16 patch" for your pink 16 patches? There are several different layouts for them and photos and tutorials for that on line. I have been meaning to do one of those for ages.