Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Finally Done

 I thought I would never get this one off the frame!  Tuesday is our morning out, but I was sure I would be able to finish it up the minute we got home after lunch.  I am doing morning drop of this week for math camp, so the afternoon was looking good.  We had just gotten home again, my rear had just made contact with the couch to check on e-mail when the phone rang with a friend wanting Sydney to play.  Back in the car we went for a quick drop off as this is the friend who moved to a neighborhood nearby.  Finally home again I was ready to jump back in when my cell phone rang.  Ryan threw up at camp :-( Oh no!  Back to the car again with fresh clothes.
Sure enough, when I finally made it home for good, the quilt was done within minutes.  I used a light blue thread and free motion swirls for this one.  I'm thinking brown for the binding.  Not that I have any brown of course, but tomorrow is another day.  

8 comments:

Sherry said...

The swirls look really nice.

Amy said...

Oh Ryan... :(

I begin to have some understanding of retired folk talking about being busier in retirement than during the working years. Summer gets to be that way with us too; still busy, just different priorities.

Great looking finish. I'll be joining you again tomorrow (hopefully) with some sewing/quilting tasks :)

Betty Lou said...

Some days are just like that, good you can roll with the punches.

Teresa in Music City said...

Whew!!! I'm worn out just reading your post!!! So glad my kids are grown and I'm past those days .... but, then again, I really miss my kids :*)

Leah @ L3Designs said...

Great work! I understand those days. I'm just thankful that today's interruptions did not include a sick kid

Kath said...

I have days like that too, but not kids (mine is 23) mostly dog related!

Ellen said...

Such crazy days! Your quilting looks wonderful. What type of thread do you use?

Kate said...

Congrats on getting the quilting finished. It looks great.