Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fabric Fun in the Mail

 I got home from work today to find a box of fabric happiness had been delivered.  I love fabric in the mail!  Mostly I was shopping for sale fabric.  What can I say?  I'm thrifty. 
I also picked out this bundle of solid fat quarters as well as some silk thread for applique and a bottle of glue baste.  I love free shipping with orders of $50 or more.  I also came home from work to find the bug guy turning my kitchen into a toxic wasteland.  We've been invaded by a combination of ghost and white footed ants.  Oh, and two of our three air conditioners are broken.  There are downsides to living in a tropical paradise.  So worth it though, in case you were wondering. 

8 comments:

Deb A said...

Sorry to hear about the ants and the air conditioners being out. We had ours serviced back when we had those chilly 19 degree nights... yup, that's when our heat stopped working! Hope they can get them fixed quickly and the bugs are gone for good soon.
Lovely fabric therapy in the mail and sounds like it arrived on a good day for you. Very pretty selections.

Cyn said...

Oh gadfry, I really get the kreepy-crawleys when ants invade the kitchen. Hope all is resolved now.
Fantabulous to come home to Happy Mail! That ought to perk ya right up. Pretty colors!

Kate said...

Too many ants, not enough air conditioning. Always something isn't it (well in your case more than one something). Hope the bug guy was lethal to your unwanted guests.

janequiltsslowly said...

Wow. Ghost and white footed ants! I am working on a garden quilt with embroidered critters . . . I'm going to google these guys, maybe they'll add some interest to the quilt. Now I know one advantage of not living in paradise. Love those fabrics, especially the solids. Wondering where those were ordered . . .

Ellen said...

Glad to hear about the fabulous fabric delivery - but so sorry about the insects. I guess that means no central air? I can't imagine living in Florida in the summertime and not having air conditioning - those units need to be fixed - pronto!

Sheila said...

Yes. I love fabric in the mail :D

Andee said...

I too love a good deal! Congrats on getting lots of great fabric in the mail!

RED ARROW said...

Hello I found some pages that claim to be the top hookup sites australia but I want to know what you think are good or in your case what pages do you recommend to meet more women or men I really have no problem since I am bisexual and I do not mind hanging out with men or women.