Sunday, January 8, 2012

Step by Step

It was a day of incremental steps.  The string blocks for Orca Bay finally got finished up last night in the wee hours.  Instead of following the directions for the order of trimming I decided to try something different.  Without squaring them up first, I just cut them in half.  
 The nice thing about doing it this way was that I could control the little corner triangles and avoid tiny little pieces on the ends.
I'm still working on getting the corner triangles sewn onto the string blocks, but I wanted to get at least a few blocks put together to see how it is going to look. 
Then I felt like I needed to spend some time working around the house, I decided to tackle the downstairs linen closet.  It has been on my list for while now
Tiny little islands of order make me happy.  If not for the job and the three kids and all the quilting, maybe I could make my whole house look this neat and tidy?  Well, maybe I'll just enjoy the closet for now instead of getting carried away. 

12 comments:

Andra Gayle said...

That's exactly how I trimmed my triangles too. Love your colors!

Suzy said...

I love the pink, purple and turquoise. Great progress! :o)

Quilter Kathy said...

Love your pink string triangles...your Orca Bay is looking great!

Teresa in Music City said...

I always thought that I would have an immaculate house if I could quit work .... didn't happen! I spend more time quilting than I did working hahaha!!!!!

Rosa said...

Your Orca bay looks fabulous!

Granny Anne said...

Wow, I really like you colors!!! I'm afraid tha mine is going to be rathe blah but I haven't got fa enough along to know.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Looks like we are using the same colors just in different positions..........Can't wait to see them both finished, I have a long way to go to catch up though. I am almost finished with the little strings, and that is it so far.

Jean(ie) said...

Loving the Orca Bay quilt... the pink really sets it all off!

:-)

Andee said...

This is looking great! Impressive!

Béa said...

Your colour's choice is wonderful !

Lynne said...

The quilt blocks look great together. I love that concept "islands of order"! Think I'll pass it on!

Kathy's A Quilter said...

great work all around the house! From design walls to linen closets you can do it all.