Saturday, June 4, 2011

Scraphappy in YELLOW

I've been struggling to find a nice shade of yellow for my blog this month.  I guess that says a lot about how I feel about yellow.  I've got some squares and strips pulled to start a few blocks that will go in with other monochromatic blocks.  I'm having a hard time visualizing an entire yellow quilt.  Maybe a place mat?  We will have to see what the month will bring.  I'm just back from a morning run and as soon as I have had a chance to shower, it will be off to the sewing room for me!
I hope everyone else is finding something yellow in their scraps stash or stack of UFOs. 



7 comments:

blauraute said...

I started the month with my 6th block for my Rainbow quilt.
Have a nice and cozy weekend
Roswitha

Angela said...

I love yellow as a colour but looking through my fabrics I've discovered I don't have a lot. I'm sure I'll manage a few small projects though :)

Kate North said...

Yellow is not a colour which is overwhelming my scrap stash - but I did still manage a couple of small things. I don't think there will be any more yellow projects in the month, though - unlike the blue month, where I could have kept going indefinitely!

Jan Maree said...

I have no shortage of yellow but I am finishing off one of the projects that has been accumulating as I stitch along with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. The blocks all have yellow in them, but I will also be using yellow to sash them.....I think.

Deb A said...

Finishing pink... now onto the yellow... think I'll pull the blue out with it since there is still tons of blue left!

floribunda said...

I was surprised to find quite a few yellow scraps, but I have a plan for them... maybe we should have a second month of blue, since we all seem to be overrun with it!

Comfort Cove Designs said...

I was up to my eyes embroidering baby bloomers most of the weekend. I found a really cute embroidery design I want to use to go with my yellow scraps... my scrap saturday will now be tomorrow night (monday). hey better late than never!!!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea