Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pluggin Along

I was up into the wee hours last night working on the postage stamps.  It was "done" a while ago, then I decided that it needed to be bigger.  Having used up all of my 1.5 inch strips, it got put on the back burner for a while.  Somehow the scrap drawers keep getting full again.  So I pieced the last 4 blocks last night and then cut sashing strips and cornerstones to add two more rows.  It is all sewn together now and just waits for borders.  Kurt likes the maroon from the outer sashing strips which is, of course, the only fabric that I don't have much of.  It is going to sit here until a decision is made.  I am on a roll and refuse to get stuck on the borders again this time. 

5 comments:

Jane said...

I like the sashing between the blocks, I'd not thought of doing that

~Niki~ said...

~impressive~lovely!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Sounds like Kurt needs to take you shopping for more of the maroon fabric............:D

Angie in SoCal said...

I know I'll be in the minority, but I actually like it without borders. Looks done to me. Otherwise I like the apricot and white on the right.

Jan Maree said...

I just love it - not sure that I would have the patience, but I wish I did!