Saturday, September 25, 2010

Prep Work


I've been prepping the house for new carpet for a couple of weeks now. I'm not sure why the new carpet hasn't shown up yet, but the house is getting all organized, dusted and painted in the interim. This morning I thought I'd switch gears and prep some more midget blocks. One afternoon this week I started pulling fabric and matching it with blocks until I started to run out of some things (like page protectors and solid accent fabrics. Today I sat down and went through the next batch of blocks, making a list of fabrics to fill in the gaps and then printing foundation papers or freezer paper templates along the way.
I made my first midget block on August 3rd and we are now getting close to October. I've got the the first 30 blocks finished already, though the rate of completion has slowed considerably since school started again. I still think I'm OK on my goal to make two blocks a week though, so that is a good thing. Kurt has taken Ryan to an all day chess tournament leaving me with the girls. They would like to go to Hobby Lobby and look at the doll house furniture. Sounds like a great plan, I'll take my list and see If I can find some fabric while we are there. I hope you are all finding a few minutes today to do something fun and creative. Best wishes for a happy weekend.

4 comments:

LuAnn said...

You do get a lot accomplished. I've found out that if I make block kits like you've done, I do get a lot more done. Hope your carpet arrives soon, but it's good to get the painting out of the way first.

Quilter Kathy said...

What a great photo of all your patterns and fabric all organized!

Candace said...

You sure are organized, and your midget blocks are really cute. I'll bet that you end up with an awesome quilt.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Great way to get organized!! :)