Saturday, May 22, 2010

Today is the First Day of the Rest of my Summer Vacation


Mariposa is frame ready. I got the blocks put together first thing this morning and then spent the rest of the day getting one step at a time done between all of the regular Saturday things. Iron some fabric, sweep the floor, cut a border, clean the kitchen....., You get the general idea. Kurt has taken the girls and the dog to the park so I think I'll load my quilt onto the HQ16 and get some quilting done. I'm thinking of doing a ribbon meander with maybe some feathers in the border. I think I'll do a little practice on the edges first to make sure it will work. If not, I'll just do a regular meander so I can get this done today and have tomorrow to sew down the binding.
Kurt has gotten into taking pictures of the kids while watching practices. Anna was trying out the theater on ice class this morning after her regular lesson. It's like a ballet recital, but on ice. She really enjoyed it, so I'm seeing more time at the iceplex in our future.

4 comments:

Linda Lee said...

Congratulations! Great way to spend your first day of vacation. I'm anxious to see your quilting from the HQ16. We have school until June 4th!

Amy said...

I have to chuckle at seeing an ice-skating picture in FLORIDA at this time of the year! LOL
Lovely Mariposa!

Candace said...

Congratulations on making it to vacation, lol. Your daughter looks so pretty and graceful. I'm enjoying seeing your quilts and your processes, and am sure you'll work quilting into your vacation.

Melinda said...

I hope you have a wonderful summer. School was out here yesterday also. When I was a child we went to school until the middle of June. Still can't get used to this early start of summer.