Friday, April 16, 2010

First Stitches


With fanfare much like that associated with babies first steps, I have taken my first stitches on the new HQ 16! Much like those first baby steps, perfection has yet to be achieved. The tensioning wasn't quite right. It would look good for about 12 inches and then get very loose before self correcting. I'm sure it has something to do with the way I threaded the needle or loaded the bobbin. I'll watch the tutorial again and fiddle with it a bit. It is amazing how quickly the stitches fill the top. It only took a few minutes to fill the exposed fabric area. As soon as I get the tension issue fixed I'll try using the laser to follow a pantograph.
I went to Anna's music performance at school this morning and then went to pick Lizzie up from the vet, she got fixed and she is none to happy with me right now. I've still got a few more hours before I have to pick up the kids. Maybe I will load a preprinted panel on next. Soon I need to start reassembling the house. It's all full of boxes and displace furniture right now. I still have to figure out exactly where everything is going to live and get it all settled in again. Maybe I can worry about that later though, right now I have quilting to do.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I dare say that you were in my mind today while I was trudging through a "System of Equations" lesson! :0) I don't know how you managed to pull yourself away for "life duties"-----MOM OF THE DAY goes to you! :0)

Enjoy the weekend playing! And of course---keep us posted!!!!