Monday, January 11, 2010

Still Freezing

Still waiting patiently for things to thaw around here. Our neighbors just put in a whole yard full of new landscaping and they are keeping things well wrapped hoping to save some of it. Most of are palm trees are getting pretty brown around the edges and I'm not sure how many of them are going to make it. The ones in our yard we really care about are really too big to cover very well so we are just letting natural selection decide which will survive. Maybe spring will bring new landscaping for us as well.
The heater tried valiantly to keep up this weekend, but the temperature just kept slipping down by a couple of degrees per hour over the course of the day. Thank goodness we had so many quilts to keep us warm at night!

I was browsing at Hancock's of Paducah and stumbled on some Girl Scout Fabric! I had seen the Boy Scout version, but this is the first time I've seen these. I promptly loaded a fat quarter bundle of 20 fabrics into my cart and zoomed to the checkout. I'm not at all sure what I will do with it, but I had to have it anyway.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yup girl...
quilts!
under which is me....
wrapped up in two-three layers of cozy, flannel PJ pants, fuzzy socks & slippers, long-sleeve shirt and sweatshirt!

Hopefully your "norm" temps come back soon! We've been pretty mild the past couple of days, hangin' in around mid 20's. (NICE!--seriously!) It's amazing how our bodies simply habituate to such temp differences season-to-season.

Micki said...

It's cold around here too, and it looks like it ill stay cold for a long time.Try to stay warm.
Micki